Friday, April 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Brownie Bar

The finished product.































This is my first blog post in 2 months.

I apologize.

To make it up to you, I am about to post the easiest, yummiest, most calorie-ridden dessert that I could find.

There are only two pictures on this post. That's all you need.

Go right now and get:
-A pan.
I used the square bar kind. Not sure if a cupcake pan would work because of the size of the Peanut Butte cups. The smaller cups could work though. Just get whatever you have that will fit these 3 delicious layers.

-Some refrigerated cookie dough.
I didn't even make my own for this one. When I say easy, I mean easy.

-Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
I made 23 bars so I bought 24 cups. (Making 24 was my original plan, but of course I had to taste test the cookie dough...and the brownie batter...)

-Box of brownie mix and ingredients listed on box.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Grab the cookie dough, scoop out a spoonful (I kinda went crazy when I first started. I suggest using a teaspoon size spoon to scoop it out of the tube.) and smoosh it on the bottom of each square.

Next, place an upside down peanut butter cup on the center of each dough covered square.

Now, scoop out some brownie batter and cover each peanut butter cup. I also went a bit overboard on the brownie batter when I began. I found scooping with a 1/4 cup measuring cup and filling about halfway worked the best. Don't worry about making sure every bit of the cookie is covered. I think it looks cool when it gets all swirly.



Now that you've done all that "hard" work, pop it in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Mine took about 20. You don't want the middles to look too sunken in.

I let them cool in the pan for a few minutes, then when I could stand it I took them out and placed on wire rack. I found the easiest way to get them out of the square pan is to lay the pan sideways and pull each bar out. Let's just say I learned that when I "accidentally" broke one into a million pieces and just had to eat it.

I thought these were going to be waaay too rich but I was pleasantly surprised! The flavors blend together so well (chocolate and peanut butter...who woulda thought?) and no one flavor is too overwhelming.

I plan on placing the bars in cupcake wrappers and arranging on a cake platter to make them look so pretty for the picnic I'm taking them to tomorrow!

I found this recipe on pinterest, but clicking on the picture took me nowhere, so I don't know who to give credit to for this amazing recipe. If you know, let me know! I also don't know what to call these...any suggestions?

Please forgive me for not blogging for 2 months!

PS...did I tell you I have a dishwasher now??? I think I did, but I'll tell you again! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment