Monday, October 17, 2011

The Beginning...of a Blog...



Hi.
My name is Amede. I love to cook. And bake.
I hate doing the dishes when I'm done though.

Want to know a little about me?
I'm 24, I'm a newlywed (awww <3), I detest mushrooms, & I'm a Minnesota girl transplanted to Southern California.
We live in an apartment with a small kitchen. I don't have every small appliance (or big ones for that matter...have I mentioned I don't have a dishwasher?!) and I don't have the latest and greatest kitchen gadgets, but I make good food with what I do have.

I mentioned I am recently married. My husband and I moved 2,500 miles away from all my family and friends. So...something else we don't have is a lot of money. I don't buy the most expensive ingredients, I like to make enough food to freeze, or for leftovers for my husband's lunch the next day.

I'm going to use this blog to post recipes and pictures of things I make in the kitchen. Don't worry, I'm not a gourmet cook. I cook with ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I get a lot of recipes online and will always credit the original source. I should mention that I rarely ever make a recipe as it is written. I alter recipes based on what I think will be better and sometimes healthier.

I've never been a blogger, but I post a lot of pictures of my cooking on Facebook and Twitter and my friends (and acquaintances) are always asking for recipes, so I decided to start a blog.

Here's a picture of the "cooking" part of my tiny kitchen. The other side is just the table & chairs and refrigerator.


This is it. By the way, the dishes in the sink are CLEAN. I wasn't going to let you see my dirty dishes. Sorry about the pan of almond bars cooking on the stove. I'll post the recipe for those amazing bars soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment